Skip to main content

HI

I have created a template from a customized page and then created "child" pages from this template. The problem is the content of the child pages is over the content of the main template. So I'm not able to display correctly the dropdown  menus and other fix elements as they appear under content. How can I bring to front the template content?

Regards

Hi Phillippe

Thank you for reaching out! Just confirming by "child" page are you referring to an additional page from a template like in this screenshot?

If not could you please clarify? 

Generally bringing objects to front can be achieved by pressing Ctrl + ]. 

HI

Sorry I replied to your email but I noticed today that is an noreply email :(

Yes that's exactly what I mean. Following your example the content in the template is always behind the content in the Page2 and I want this content over the content.

Thx

Hi Phillippe

Thank you for the clarification. What template are you editing? One caveat to bringing objects to front (Ctrl + ] ) is that one cannot bring containers (i.e. swim lanes) to the front of other objects. Does this answer the question? If not could you please provide screenshots of the issue for further troubleshooting? Thank you!

HI 

I'm working on my Shared Solutions folder and as you gonna see in the jpeg the dropdown integrated in teh template page is under the content of the page created from this template. What I want is to be able to use a template but the content of this one over the content of the pages created form this template. Thx

Hi Phillippe

Thank you for the clarification. I've still been unable to find the specific template with the drop-down menu that you're using. What is the name of the general template from which you created this document? And if you created the drop-down functionality yourself by which method did you create it? Thank you for your patience!

HI

As you can see on the picture I have attached in my previous message the template name is  "Template" . I have created a dropdown menu using a UI input element and place it on a layer. I display the layer by a click on the button on the main menu bar located at the top as you can see. Thx

Hi Phillippe 

As of yet I've been unable to reproduce the same error with UI drop-down menus. Can you confirm that pressing Ctrl + [ on the drop-down menu doesn't send the text behind the menu? If that doesn't work can you turn of Web GL and try again? Thank you. 

I don't understand what is so complicated to understand all the elements integrated in a template are not clickable when I'm in a page created from the template so I cannot use CTrl + to move objects in front of the other. What I need is to move all the template content over the content located inside the pages created from the template. Maybe it's not possible and it is a real problem

Hi Philippe I'm sorry about the confusion! The Master Page feature will automatically be placed as the base layer when you apply it to another page. 

I want to do this same thing but the last comment in the thread doesn't answer the question one way or the other.   :-(

- I created a Master page.  On one layer of the Master page is the legend for my diagrams.  I have a hotspot set up in Master to toggle that layer.

- I configure Page1 to use the Master page.

- When I click on the hotspot from Page1 it displays the legend layer but it is behind the contents of Page1.

- Even if I create a new hotspot in Page1 to display the legend layer in Master it also works but the legend appears behind the contents of Page1.

Is there a way to have a Master layer display on top of everything else (go to the top of the stack) of the current diagram/page?

Hi Tom unfortunately this isn't possible at this time. The master page will automatically be applied as a base layer to other pages and will be behind any content on that page. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. If you would like this functionality to be different would you mind adding your ideas to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration. Thanks for your feedback and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes!