Skip to main content

Can anyone advise how to get lines to appear in a networking diagram after ingesting AWS VPC information into Lucidscale? I’ve checked all boxes under the Lines tab but they don’t appear in the diagram. Thanks!

Hi @mdivit 

Would like to segmentize your questions in two forms for the Question-1  you can try these:

Q-1:

I’ve checked all boxes under the Lines tab but they don’t appear in the diagram.

Ans-1:Refresh the Diagram, Check Layer Visibility, Inspect Line Styles and Different browser.

Q-2:

To the technical side of it whether you followed the process on a right manner as it is having steps to follow to accomplish:

I recommend please ensure the below link and double check from yoru end:

Ans-2: How can I use Lucidscale to create a AWS VPC Diagram? | Community

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Thanks for the response @Humas1985. I’ve tried a different browser but for some reason the lines still don’t appear in my VPC Typology view.

Hi @mdivit,

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! 

As a first step, could you please confirm that the resources or lines you’re looking for are currently toggled 'on' in the panel to the left of the workspace? If the resource or line type is not enabled in this panel, you will not see the corresponding resources or lines rendered in your diagram.

Some views may contain summarized resources by default. If you’ve elected to summarize resources within a Lucidscale View, you will need to un-summarize them or create a new view containing un-summarized resources in order for your associated lines to be rendered in the diagram. You can un-summarize resources by right-clicking on a summarized resource type and unchecking the “Summarize all” option in the right-click menu.

If you’re unable to locate a specific resource type or line in your diagram but believe it’s enabled and should be rendering, please send us the following information:

These items will help us determine next steps. Thank you for your help and patience.