Skip to main content

Lucidchart Mavens

Because I was told that Lucidcharts supports generating diagrams by importing CSV files I just signed up with the aspiration of generating a simple flowchart (dragging dropping moving and connecting is a ton of NO FUN).

FOILED AGAIN?

However after frantically searching the Help files (etc.)...I cannot find a way to import a CSV file...generate a flowchart...nudge it around a bit with the graphical tools...then export it back to a CSV file.

HOPEFUL

Hopefully I've overlooked something quite simple and CSV importing/exporting is buried away somewhere in a not-so-obvious menu.

SUGGESTIONS?

What's the best thing to do to import/export CSV source files to generate/save Flowcharts in Lucidcharts?

• Your ideas? Suggestions?

Many thanks!

Rick

Hi Rick

Thanks for your post! Lucidchart supports importing CSV files to create org charts , process diagrams, and ERDs but this functionality is not available for all types of diagrams. You can also import and export text files to create mind maps. Other file types that Lucidchart imports include: PNG JPEG SVG Visio Stencil files Visio Omnigraffle and Gliffy.

Depending on what type of diagram you're looking to create follow one of the links above to get started. 🙂 I hope that helps!

Hi! I’m Micah from Lucid’s community team. 👋 Jumping in here to share about Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!