Skip to main content

I have a very detailed process diagram with approximately 100 shapes, text, arrows, etc.  I need to “grab” a group of these (approximately 40) and move them elsewhere.  To do that I click and drag over all the shapes/text to select them.  However, there are several shapes I do not want in my selected group.  How do I unselect some of those shapes?

Hi @Scott C101, thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! After clicking + dragging your cursor to select all of your shapes, you can hold down the Shift key and then select the shapes that you do not want in your selection. You should then see the highlight selection removed from those shapes. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Thank you @Amelia W.  That worked perfect.

I will add that it actually involved user error (mine).   I was trying that (shift +), but not moving my cursor off of the shape.  Because of that, the shape was still technically highlighted as if it was still selected.  However, I moved my cursor off of the shape, and it clearly is doing as you described.

I am all set.  Thank you!

@Scott C101 I’m glad I could help! Please let me know if you have any other questions!