Skip to main content

When I create a new ER Diagram from the ER Diagram template - import my data and drag a table to the canvas there is an upside down red triangle that has a message "Types must be supplied".  I can't figure out how to either supply the type or remove that icon / message without deleting the object from the canvas and dragging a generic shape for an entity to the diagram.  What does that message mean?   My entity when dragged from the imported table schema has all the data there.  Primary Keys attributes data types entity names. 

Hi Cheryl

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! Taking a look at the error it looks like there may have been an issue when importing your information. Can you please try importing your information again to see if the error persists. If you are still running into the issue could you please fill out this form to submit a support ticket so we can take a closer look?

I am experiencing the same issue I am not importing but creating entities myself some entities display the question mark triangle at the top even though all types have been provided 

Hi Bertrand

Thank you for posting in the community! As this is a document specific issue I have submitted a support ticket for you and we will be reaching out via email shortly. 

Hi I'm also experiencing this issue and am also creating the entities myself. Could I get some help resolving it?

I had the same thing happen to me and (I think) was able to fix it by clicking on the object and then clicking the new "Export ERD" button below all the WYSIWYG editor fields. After that Lucidchart seemed to have no issues recognizing the difference between valid and invalid type values.

Hi Camille

Thank you for posting in the community. We are unable to reproduce the issue on our end. If Zachary's suggestion does not resolve your issue could you please submit a support ticket through this form. Please include the URL to document in the ticket. 

If anyone else is experiencing this issue please submit a support ticket through this form so we can take a closer look. 

Hi all 

After doing some further investigating I wanted to provide you with an update. This issue is related to some of our ERD templates. When using these templates and having the word "type" in any of the columns the "Types must be supplied" error will populate. We are working with our template team to get it looked at. In the meantime to workaround this issue you can copy your diagram content and paste it into a new document and the issue will no longer occur.