Skip to main content

How do I connect Lucidchart to Google Drive?

• 21 June 2016
  • 1 reply

I'm trying to connect Lucidchart to Google Drive. How do I do this?

In order to connect your Lucidchart account with Drive both accounts need to be connected to the same email address. Follow these steps to connect your account 🙂 :

1. Change your Lucidchart email address in your Account Settings area and click "save changes".

2. Log out of all Google accounts and log in to your Google account with the same email now on your Lucidchart account.

3. From your Drive homepage Create > More > Get more apps and search 'Lucidchart’. Alternatively from Lucidchart go to your Google Drive Page to set up your account.

Can't change email or accidentally created a new Lucidchart account 

If you can't change your Lucidchart email to your Drive email it is likely you accidentally created a new Lucidchart account from Drive. This happens when you are signed into Chrome with a different email address than the one connected to Lucidchart.  Here is how you remove your new accidental Lucidchart account and sync the correct account.

1. Log in to your new accidental Lucidchart account (you can use Google single sign-on if signed in with same account as Drive)

2. Close your account by visiting the 'Close Account' section of your Account page. Click close and provide a reason (e.g. syncing with Google Drive).

3. Log in to your active Lucidchart account with your files and change your Lucidchart email address in your 'Account Settings' area and click "save changes".

4. Log out of your Lucidchart account and any Google accounts.

5. Clear your cookies.

6. Open a new tab in Chrome to see what email your are logged in with (top right corner). If you're logged in with the wrong address click the email address and choose to create a new user using the same email connected to your Lucidchart account.

7. Log in to your Lucidchart account (use newly entered email address with same password as before) Then go to your Drive account (which now has the same email as your Lucidchart account) and click Create --> More --> Lucidchart.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions! :)