Skip to main content

Hello 
i am working on a convoluted mind map and in order to speed processing i have layered my flowchart. this is leading to some troubles when it comes to editing and i was wondering if there is a way to un-group objects in a layer permanently without loosing the data. 

Thanks in advance!
Bio K

Hi Jamie - If you'd like to remove an item from a group simply right-click the current group > Ungroup. Alternatively if the objects are all in a separate layer go to the Layers panel on the right side dock. Then select all of the objects you'd like to move to the base page. Right-click > Move to Layer. Make sure that the "page" option is selected and then click OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

thank you for getting back to me Monika. 
this is exactly whjat i needed. 

Hi i have similar issue but have several items in a layer and need to move all of them to base layer. Doing them one at a time will take immense time. Is there a way to delete a layer and return all the elements to the base layer ?

Hi Nitin

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! I am happy to help. To accomplish this click into the layer you want to remove so that you are in layer editing mode. Next use Command-A to select all objects on that layer. Then right-click > select "move to layer"> select "page" to move these objects to the base layer.

Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.