Skip to main content

Hi 

The steps to reproduce the problem:

• Edit a page in Confluence
  • Add LucidChart macro
  • Draw whatever is needed
  • Press File->Save in LucidChart
  • Close the tab without pressing "Back to Confluence"
  • Now the page has a json attachment of lucidchart but it cannot be used anymore... Need to create the chart again...

How can we do it?

Thanks

Shira

Hi Shira

Thanks for posting in the community.  Please start by checking to see of the diagram is under your "existing diagrams."  You can access this by adding a diagram and checking to see if it appears in the existing diagrams.  If it is not there please let me know.

Hope this helps!

Abby

exact same issue. The suggested solution does not work for me

I saved the json file locally on my disk. Is there any hope of using this file inside lucid charts again as an actual editable diagram instead of a generic text file?? Or do I have to start all over again? The only way I can open this json file right now as an actual diagram is if I go to www.draw.io.

FYI using Lucid Charts from confluence

Hi Omid

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you are using Confluence OnPrem. If you only have it saved locally and it's not actually attached to a confluence page anywhere then I would recommend importing the JSON file into Draw.io like you already have and then exporting as a VSDX. Then you can upload the VSDX file to the plug-in that way. If the JSON file is still attached to a confluence page somewhere then you can follow these instructions to attach a Lucidchart JSON file to your Confluence OnPrem page:

• Find the attachment you wish to re-attach.
    Once you find the attachment look to the right on that same line you should find a place to add a label. If you add the "Lucidchart" label and then "edit" the confluence page > insert a diagram > adding an existing diagram you should then be able to find that diagram on the list.

• Then choose "Make a copy and edit.”

• Open the attachment properties.

• Edit the attachment properties and change the content type to application/vnd.lucid.confluence-onprem

At this point you should be able use the insert button on the toolbar while in “edit mode” to bring up a list of existing documents. Your newly attached diagram should be in that list.

Ok I was hoping to avoid having to use draw.io because it doesn't convert the json file produced by Lucid quite correctly...But it sounds like this is the only option.

Also I still see the json file that was created for my drawing on the original confluence page but for some reason it just appears as a file attachment link and the drawing itself is not displayed by confluence.