Skip to main content

Hi! I have been very pleased to find lucid chart can make interactive buttons so I can display use case diagrams process diagrams etc. combined with the mockups in a simple way. 

This is especially useful when communicating designs to stakeholders early in the process. 

However I can't export my charts without loosing the interactivity. 

If I want my customers on board they need to buy a license for lucid chart - is that correct?

Can I somehow invite my customers/stakeholders to see my charts AND click around it without having to buy a license for them? 

In adobe XD for instance I can export a link (web url) that I send to stakeholders then they can click the link and try my prototype. 

Thank you in advance :)

Hi Rikke

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! If you'd like your customers/stakeholders to be edit documents they would need to be assigned a Lucidchart licenses. However using Hotspots/Actions the buttons you create will still be active in an exported PDF document. Any button created in your Lucidchart document will remain active in this PDF format for any user including those without a Lucidchart license. For any additional help using Hotspots/Actions or exporting Lucidchart diagrams in PDF format please take a look at the articles linked to those topics. You could also consider publishing the document.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions!