Skip to main content

Hi I also use Lucidchart to make electrical diagrams.

I would like the ability to flip a symbol vertically and horizontally.  Is this possible?

Question 2.

Is it possible to modify text rather than deleting it and retyping?

Thanks   Ian

Hi Ian

Thanks for posting in the Community!

I'm not sure what you mean exactly by "flipping a symbol vertically and horizontally". It is possible to rotate a shape clicking the double-sided arrow located right next to any selected shape you have dragged onto your canvas and dragging it in the desired direction:

Here I rotated the shape to the right:

If you double click the text on your shape the entire content will be selected and will be highlighted in blue:

If you hit the delete key then the entirety of the text will be deleted.

However if you click once more a text cursor will allow you to have a more granular control over what you would like to remove (delete specific letters or chunks of text):

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions!

And what about when there is no double-sided arrow?

Hi @Super secret user, thanks for posting in the community! Can you share a screenshot image of what you’re referring to? Thanks for your help and patience! 

Hi @Super secret user, thanks for the response and screenshot! Unfortunately, rotating floor plan shapes is not currently a functionality that’s available. You can adjust the shape by using the corner indicators, and if you’d like to upvote this feature request, please do so here:

Our apologies for the inconvenience - let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks for the clarification, Addie.  It keeps me from continuing to search for a solution.

I must say, this is a severe oversight in the software.  I cannot adjust my whole facility because this piece of equipment cannot be correctly oriented.  I hope this gets corrected quickly.

Hi @Super secret user, thanks for the reply - and our apologies! We understand your frustration, as we can see that this would be an extremely useful feature. Please upvote this feature idea I linked above, as the top requests get passed directly to our product team each month. We truly do value your feedback and appreciate you sharing your insight with us.