Skip to main content

So when i import a .png or .pdf into an org chart it seems to always show the name of the file on the display as well.

how can I hide this?

Hi Dave thanks for your post! So I can completely understand what you're experiencing do you mind sharing a screenshot of what you're seeing?

See data block below the inserted PDF file (covered in pink)..

Thanks for clarifying! While it's not possible to disable this directly you are able to extract the thumbnail image in order to not have the PDF label at the bottom. To do so single-click your PDF then in the Embedded Link Block panel that appears on the right select Extract thumbnails. From there you can choose some or all of the pages of the PDF to add as plain images to your canvas. I hope this helps!

So when this happens (the creation of a thumbnail vs the original file which is a vector art in either PDF or .AI) does it get converted into raster or does it stay as a vector file?

WHen our files output for printing it's imperative to keep the resolution high - trying to get the best outcome possible and it seems to me that a thumbnail is likely a low-grade raster?

Hi Dave that is correct the extracted thumbnail is a raster image - depending on its scale within your org chart I believe the resolution should be sufficient for export. In the case that it's not Lucidchart does support .svg files that you could upload directly in that form to your canvas as well.