Skip to main content

Have a group of org charts.

showing several fields (text form) and want the field names to show as well.

How can I format these field names to something other than the default 'grey'?

Hi @dave w thank you for posting in the community! It sounds like you are trying to manage the employee fields in your org chart. You can manage the fields for all employees universally and manage the fields of an individual shape.

For more information please take a look at this Manage employee fields section of our Create an org chart Help Center article. 

If this is not what you are looking for could you please share a screenshot and a brief description of what you are trying to format? This will help us take a closer look. Thank you!

Please note the image here.

The three icon field names are in grey and not bold.

I would like the ability to format fieldnames shown on the org chart.

I should be able to adjust font bold/italics/etc and size...

How do I do this?

Hi @dave w thank you for sharing an example screenshot! It looks like you have the field labels enabled in your Org Chart. Unfortunately it is currently not possible to format field labels in Lucidchart. 

However I can certainly see how this option would be helpful and have passed your request onto our development team. If you are comfortable sharing we would love to hear more about your use case and what you'd like to see in this experience.

Thank you for your request and let me know if you have any additional questions!

Our use case is large (and highly complex) org charts showing a significant amount of additional data on each shape.

We use both field data (as shown above) to show information as well as icons driven by formulas.

We can't show this data publicly (proprietary data) but if you contact me directly we can help.

Hi @dave w we really appreciate you taking the time to share some additional information about your use case. This is so valuable and I have logged this with our development team. Thank you!