Skip to main content
Solved

How can I change Lucidchart document orientation from portrait to landscape?

• 29 December 2016
  • 9 replies

How can I change the Lucidchart document from portrait to landscape or vice versa?

You can change the page orientation by following the steps below:

1. Open your document
  2. Open Document Settings by choosing File > Document Settings. 
  3. In the Format option toggle between landscape and portrait

XH2On3zAg3PjJYLu5jFeSQ.png

For additional information on adjusting the settings of your document please refer to the Page and Document Settings article from the Lucidchart Help Center. 

I used to adjust portrait/landscape mode all the time.  I do not have Page Settings in my File menu at all, nor can I from the side bar (how I used to adjust it).

My subscription had a minor interruption -- would features be removed ?

Hi @jess.odom, thanks for adding to this thread! Since this post was created, “Page Settings” has been renamed to “Document Settings,” but should still be in the File Menu for you. Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

I do not have a “Document Settings” either.

I also tried with a new doc, new template.  The menu item is missing.

Hi @jess.odom, thanks for letting me know! Would you mind sending me a screenshot of your file menu so I can better understand what you’re seeing?

While I didn’t capture the menu previously, I feel like a now see another option nestled under settings.  I will note your menus have changed, but I did find it!  thank you!

File > Settings > Document Settings  

I’m glad you were able to locate your Document Settings, @jess.odomI apologize for the confusion there, please let me know if you have any other questions!

I have changed my document’s orientation numerous times using File/Settings/Document Settings and it won’t save the change. Everything else appears to be saving correctly. It’s just this one area that’s a problem.

@VDeLong can you clarify what you mean by “it won’t save the change”? Do you see the “grid” in the background change, but then when you refresh it is back to Portrait rather than Landscape?

I tried reproducing the change, and it is working on my end, but I can try to reproduce the issue with your steps. Thank you