Skip to main content

Hello there.

I have a number of single page diagrams with hotspot toggles that I am using to toggle layers on and off.

I can't say exactly when but I believe this year the toggling stopped functioning when presenting the diagrams directly from LucidChart; initially it seemed to happen sporadically but it seems to be almost all the time now. Upon further investigation it appears that the toggling is captured but the changes are only reflected on page if you interact with the page in another way that forces some form of refresh like scrolling or zooming.

At present this issue is hampering my primary reason for using this otherwise fantastic product.

Any assistance in resolution would be much appreciated; I'd be happy to demonstrate the issue in action.

With regards

Hi Rob

Thanks for reaching out on Lucidchart Community!

After linking an object to a layer when you are in present mode or the published document viewer you can trigger the action by simply clicking the linked object.

If that doesn't help this is likely a more account specific issue and we would love to look into what might be causing this. Would you mind submitting a support ticket here with the URL to one of the affected documents and a screenshot/recording of the issue? This will allow us to take a closer look!

For anyone else who has questions about hotspot toggling please check out Create Multi-Layered Diagrams and Actions (Links) and Hotspots.

Thank you. Apologies for not replying sooner... Your comment notification got lost in an out of control Inbox!
It appears something has changed recently that now means the page content is being refreshed upon toggling without the need to interact with diagrams any further.

All sorted!