Skip to main content

Hi

I have data linked custom shapes (grouped) and have used conditional formatting to apply different background colours based on the data linking. Is there a way to use a hotspot to toggle conditional formatting? As the shapes are grouped to allow custom icons to be activated/deactivated I am unable to use layers.

Hi Joel thanks for your post! Unfortunately it's not possible to toggle conditional formatting rules on and off using hotspots. However- could you make a duplicate of the whole group place that on another layer in the same position as this group and then use a hotspot to toggle the visibility of that layer on and off? You could selectively unapply your conditional formatting rule(s) to the shapes on that layer so toggling the visibility of that layer on and off would effectively be the same thing as toggling conditional formatting on and off. You can read more about using hotspots in combination with layers in this article from our Help Centre. Hope this helps!

Thanks Emma

Understand the approach but probably not viable for our use case. Might as well manual delete the shapes as remove the conditional formatting.

Would be a super powerful thing to be able to toggle the conditional formatting as grouped shapes above are driven by data icons backgrounds etc. Would make for a very dynamic experience & provide a lot of clarity to a complex data set.

Thanks.

PS. I should clarify I have set the conditional formatting rules on all shape I"m trying to develop a template (of sorts) that can be used by many users.

Each shapeType has been given a distinct value & this is forms part f the formula for the conditional formatting.

Hi Joel thanks for clarifying. Do you mean that toggling the visibility of layers wouldn't work specifically because the shapes are grouped? If so you might be able to achieve this with a different layer for each shape copied from the group. You could use the same conditional formatting rules and formulas to add the icons to the shapes on other layers. But I do understand that this workaround might not be feasible if you have a large number of shapes that you would need to create layers for.

I should also mention that you can selectively unapply and apply conditional formatting rules just not from a hotspot. This can be done from the conditional formatting menu. Please this conditional formatting article for more information on this. 

If you would like to see an option to apply/unapply conditional formatting rules using hospots would you mind submitting your idea to this feature request form? Feedback submitted here goes to our Product team for consideration so this is the best way to promote a new feature you would like to see. 

Hi! I need to color Shape with action set. They highlighted when I press Ctrl + Shift? but i heed to set background on shapes which have an Action (Ideally different colors for different actions.)
It there any way to do it?

Hi Alexey

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community!

It is a little bit challenging to assist you as I am not entirely sure I understand what you are trying to achieve. Would you be able to post a screenshot of what you mean?

Please bear in mind that the Community is a public space and therefore anyone browsing it will be able to see it. For this reason if your document contains sensitive information or information you don't want public please file a support request instead and make sure to provide:

- The URL of the document you are referring to

- A screenshot of what you mean more precisely

Thank you!

Hi Alexy and Joel wanted to update this thread with good news! It's now possible to trigger conditional formatting rules using Actions - learn more in this Add Actions to a diagram article from the Lucidchart Help Center.

IdeaDelivered

Jumping in with another comment to share - I thought you, and any others who might come across this topic in the future, might be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!