Skip to main content

Hi,

A colleague of mine is unable to see the Highlights function when comparing version of a sheet in the Revision History tool while using Lucidchart. Is there a setting that needs to be turned on for it to show what has been changed?

My colleague has the same edit & share rights to the work space as I do since they were the creator of the sheet.

Thank you, 

Pearce

Hi @Pearce Galliher 

The 'Highlights' dropdown in the revision history comparison view might be a bit misleading - it doesn't switch highlighting on or off.

Rather, it allows you to customize which types of changes are highlighted, like additions or edits, making it easier to zero in on specific changes.

Also, one more point is - Edit and share permissions shouldn't affect the visibility of revision history highlights. As long as your colleague has access to the document, they should see the highlighted changes.

If incase your colleague requires more granular control over change visibility, they can utilize the detailed list of differences displayed alongside the highlighted versions in the revision history. This list details specific changes made to objects within the document.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Thank you Huma! Unfortunately, the highlighting task bar does not appear at all for them. Therefore, they are not able to the effects of the highlighting function (as you mentioned, showing what the differences are). 

When viewing their screen, they only see the two version without the highlights floating bar, and without the yellow or red boxes showing the changes. They essentially need to manually inspect each section to determine what has been changed. Also, the detailed list of differences displayed to the right does not distinguish the changes either. 

For what it is worth, she ended up sharing the document with me and my profile allowed me to view the changes.

Hi @Pearce Galliher - Believe this needs to be taken care by the Lucid support team - Let me also loop someone out here from internal Lucid support.

CC - @Addie - Can you please help for this specific issue.

Thanks @Humas1985! And hello, @Pearce Galliher!

Apologies for the trouble you’re experiencing. If your colleague continues to need support, we’d be happy to help. Would it be possible for them to share a screenshot of what they’re seeing on their end so we can get a better idea of what might be going on?

Hi Addie,

Fortunately, my colleague was able to resolve the issue. Despite having edit and share rights they needed to have named access.

Thanks for reaching out,

Pearce