Skip to main content

I am trying to add a link to my document on my website.  When I click that link it says:  Lucid.app refused to connect.  Can you explain what I need to do

Hey Stacey

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! Would you mind to clarify: Are you attempting to embed the document into the website or are you trying to use a different method? Could you also clarify what you are building your website on? 

To embed your Lucid document into your website you will click File > Embed or Share > Embed and copy the HTML code that is displayed. This code can be pasted into the program you are using to build your website. 

Hope this helps--please let me know if you have any other questions or if you require a bit more guidance. Cheers 🍻

The website is thru readymag  

Also should I embed or just copy link?  Both is not working for me

Hey Stacey

Thank you for the reply and further information. Embedding the diagram into your website is the best option as this will make the document interactive on the site. To do so--be sure to click the "Activate Embed Code" button on the bottom of the Embed popup window. You can also view a preview of the Embedded document once you have clicked the Activate button. 

Hope this helps--let me know if it does not or if you have any other questions! 

Yes the code was activated.  It is still not working

Hey Stacey

Thank you for the update and apologies for the continued trouble. Would you care to share a screenshot of the error message you are seeing on your end? 

Thank you for your help and patience so far! 

Above is the error I keep getting when trying to open that link on our website

Hey Stacey

Thank you for the information and screenshot. I have created a support ticket for you and will continue to correspond with you there. 

If anyone else out there is experiencing a similar issue please reach out to us directly at support@lucidchart.com. Cheers! 

How will I receive the support ticket?  Email or on this forum

Hey there

To clarify--You should have received an email from our Support Team that you will be able to also send a reply from.