Skip to main content

I'm having a very simple problem in creating my org chart. The problem is simple but a bit hard to explain. The best way I can explain this problem is through an example: 

Let's suppose that A = president in the company B = vice-president in the company and C = someone who is supervised by B directly not A. LucidChart won't let me add C as a direct report to B. It adds C as someone who also reports directly to A. That is it puts C at the same level as B. And that's not what I want. I want C only reporting directly to B and not to A. Does that make sense? 

I've tried clicking the + signs around B in every way possible to see whether I can create a new employee that only reports directly to B. But LucidChart won't let me and instead makes C just another employee of A. That is it puts C at the same managerial level as B which is not the case because C should be below B only. 

I hope that was clear. :-/

Hi Sofia 

Thanks for posting! To clarify is this what you want to accomplish? You should be able to manually drag C under B to accomplish this. Please let me know if I am misinterpreting what you are trying to do! I also recommend checking out our Org Chart Help Center article for some instructions and tips.