Skip to main content

I have a need to present same flow chart from different perspectives:

a) Description + label of current status. For example: Description: "Create X" with label GREEN (meaning done)

b) Step number

c) Type (different colour depending on if its related to different features in the system)

For this need I decided to use layers. I then take shape by shape and use feature "Copy to Layer". This gives me an exact copy that I then can change colour and text to present from whatever perspective I need.

Here comes the question: Whenever I then change size or position of a shape I need to do the same activity for all layers. Rather frustrating. Is thee any way I can link the shapes in the different layers so that if I change size and/or position of a shape that it get automatically changed in all layers?

Hi Gustaf

Thanks for sharing a bit about your use case and posting your question!

At this time the objects in separate layers are not unified in any way. When you need to make changes to objects in different layers you will need to make those changes to each object in their respective layer manually. One workaround is to make the change to an object delete the corresponding object in other layers then copy and paste the updated/changed shape to the other layers (you can also use Copy to Layer). This way you can ensure all the dimensions are the same.

It's a great idea though! Would you mind adding your support for a feature like this to our feature request form? Every idea submitted to this form is reviewed by our product developers for consideration.

Feel free to follow up in this thread with anymore questions.

Thank you Ashley. I followed your advice and sent it via your feature request form.

Have a great weekend.