Skip to main content

Our organisation recently started using LucidSpark.  We've created boards for workshop that are being held fully online/virtual.  Participants are invited (shared) to the board as Guests which does not require them to have a license or to log in. 

The issue we have been encountering is that the workshop participants are not seeing each other cursors on the board nor is the content being added to the board by other participants appearing in real time.  Content just periodically appears on the page then there is a reasonable delay and more content/updates suddenly appear.  This makes it very difficult for the facilitator to see what the participants are doing in real time and gauge the level or participation/engagement.  If you refresh the web page the updated content appears.  

We've looked at all the board settings to ensure that these are not causing the issues.  They seem fine e.g. "Show Cursor" seems to be enabled though grey out so not changeable. 

We tried using different browsers and being on the same network and on different networks. The issue remains.  Lucid website implies that we should be able to see cursors and content updating in real time.  Some of us have used Lucid Spark in other organisations and know what the right behavior should be. 

We have Team license plan. 

Can anyone provide any advise to resolving these issues ?  
Thanks

Hi @mario d thank you for posting in the community! Just to confirm when you tested this on a different network and browser environment were you still connected to your organisation's VPN? 

To double-check that everything is properly set up on your organisation's network could you please reach out to your internal IT team to ensure that all the domains listed in this Preparing your network for users article are allowed on your network/VPN/firewalls?

Hi @leianne c checking with the staff who have reported the problem they were all using VPN when working remotely.

I'm checking with our IT support team to see if we do domain filtering and if they will allow the listed Lucid domains.  

Thanks
Mario

Thank you for confirming that @mario d! Please don't hesitate to let us know if you and your team still sees the same behaviour after your IT support team has adjusted the filters. Let us know if you have any questions in the meantime. Cheers! 

Hi! I am having exact issue right now we do not use VPN any update on this?

Hi @leianne c LucidSpark is now working as it should and we can see the collaborators cursors and their content updates in real-time on the board. 

Our IT Support team made changes to our firewall (I think) to allow Lucid to do what it needs to do.  They mentioned adding .lucid.app to SSL Tunnels. Maybe that makes sense to someone. :-) 

Thank you for your help Cheers.

Hi @mario d thank you for the update! I'm glad to hear that making changes to your network/firewall helped resolve the issue :)

For anyone else who is experiencing a similar issue we recommend to first make sure that your network is properly set up by following the steps outlined in my official comment in this thread.

If the issue doesn't resolve after checking your network please submit a support ticket and someone from our team will assist with investigating. Thank you!