Skip to main content

I'd like to understand parent group inheritance of member-users and their access rights from sub-groups.  Any articles or videos on this (besides Organize your documents with Groups and Team Folders which I don't suspect fully emulates the use case I'm considering.)

I suspect that when you add a user to a child (nested) group that it automatically pushes the user to the parent group (which itself is a sub-group of the enterprise group) as well but am getting myself pretty confused with uncertainty on that paired with varying levels of access rights to document folders.

Hello 

Thank you for your post. 

There are a couple things to keep note which I listed below. 

• You can only have one Team (primary group) but you can create an unlimited amount of General Groups and Subgroups.

• Every team member belongs to a single Primary Group. The Primary Group is used to determine license allocation. (You can allot different groups certain amounts of licenses) 

• A team member can be added to an unlimited number of General Groups. General Group membership is used to automatically grant access to Team Folders and documents.

To further address your access question. The Sub Group that is created under the General group will automatically be added to the list within the General Group section as you mentioned. The Sub Group will inherit the access of the General Group for documents and folders access. 

To learn more details please review our Lucid admin panel: Group management Article which will go over more details on group management. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions.