Skip to main content
Question

Google Sheet Returning Info to Lucid

• 24 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I understand there’s bi-way integration w/ Lucid and Googlesheet, but I thought that was mainly from essentially an embedded standpoint.

Instead, what I’d like is the info from certain cells (say, a calc’d / sum cell) show up in Lucid.

See screenshot - in an ideal scenario I’d like to do a variety of flyout/show-hide containers where clicking on a button exposes the g-sheet...but this may be further iterations.

At it’s most basic though I’d like info from G-sheet to be presented back in Lucid elements, not just exposing the G-sheet itself.

Thoughts?

Comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @arauh 

Based on the image you provided, it appears you want to visualize data from a Google Sheet within a Lucidchart diagram, specifically showcasing calculated values like sums in Lucidchart elements.

While Lucidchart does offer Google Sheets integration, its primary function is to embed spreadsheets within diagrams.

You may have to explore custom scripting solution or beyond.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks @arauh for posting in the community and @Humas1985 for getting this conversation started! While you can embed or link Google Sheets into Lucidchart documents, our Google Sheets integration has some additional functionality I can share! It sounds like you can accomplish what you'd like to do with data-linking and formulas. In terms of using data-linking, you can link specific data from your Google Sheet after uploading your data to objects on your board. This data will automatically sync with your Google Sheet every 30 seconds. You will be able to open the data linking panel on the left-hand side for more information about the data linked to each shape. You can learn more about data-linking in our Data-Linking Help Center article. Please note that data-linking is an Enterprise-only feature.

You can also calculate those calculated fields you mentioned with formulas. You can use the ‘SUM’ function to easily add up multiple lines of data as shown in your diagram. You can learn more about formulas and how to set them up in Luicdchart here.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, I'm happy to help!