Skip to main content
FYI - Myself and the rest of the SE team are having an issue when trying to copy a diagram from Lucidchart and paste into a Google Doc we get the error "You do not have access to upload images."  I found this Google support thread that indicates it's a Lucidchart issue.  I submitted a support request to Lucidchart.

This started sometime last week.  It's a major pain for us as we do this a lot.  For now we're exporting the chart as a JPG and copying it into the Google Doc (painful!).

Not sure if you all can do anything about this but wanted to put it on your radar.

Exact same issue. Is there any update about this? Thanks.

Thanks for posting in the Community! Unfortunately Copy/Paste from Lucid to outside products has never been formally supported. It may have worked at times however it is not something we have ever natively featured. To insert your Lucidchart documents into Google Docs we recommend either using the Lucidchart add-on (detailed here). Alternatively you can take a screenshot of your page or export as a PDF/PNG and insert the image that way.

Apologies for any confusion this caused. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Hi everyone

Thank you all for being so patient and taking the time to let us know how important this feature is to you! We made sure to pass all of your valuable thoughts along to our dev team and we’ve just heard back that this issue has been successfully resolved 🎉

As a quick note: this functionality does depend on both Lucid and Google to function. With that being said there is no guarantee that something may change in the future that is outside of our control preventing copy and paste from working.

Please continue to reach out in the Community to let us know how we can make Lucid the best is can be for you and your Team! Thanks again—firm handshakes 🤝