Skip to main content

Hey Lucid users -- if you are having trouble with Google Drive there are a few specific things to check out: 

• Your Google email address must match the email address associated with your Lucid account in order for the link to function.

• Any file structure that you had set up in Lucid will not be carried over to Google Drive in the sync. All synced boards will initially be put under one folder named "Lucidspark". From there you can move them wherever you wish.

• If you create a Lucidspark board through Google Drive the synced diagram will appear in the "Lucidspark" folder first-- but from there you are welcome to move it wherever you'd like in your Google Drive folder structure.

• If you delete the Lucidspark folder from Google Drive you will no longer be able to sync or use the "view boards in Drive" functionality (you will instead be directed to a Google 404 or 400 error). Please let us know if this is what is occurring and we can remove the link to the old folder so a new one can be generated.

• You will not be able to edit or export synced boards from Google Drive. Those functions have to be done from within Lucidspark.

• If boards are shared through both Google Drive and through Lucidspark the higher level of permissions will be used.

• If you have also set up the Lucidchart integration with Google Drive your Lucidchart documents will be placed in a separate folder titled "Lucidchart."

If none of those tips help resolve the issue would you mind unlinking and relinking to your Google account? This takes care of most issues by resetting everything. If the issue persists please let us know -- Cheers! 🍻

I’ve been using for 3 to 4 years and created hundreds of Lucidchart files. About 6 months ago:

1. new Lucidchart files would intermittently just stop showing up in Drive
  2. Lucidchart would not open some Lucidchart files because it was “Unable to retrieve Drive file”
  3. Lucidchart files would disappear from Drive. Drive thought they had been moved, but in fact they were duplicated, renamed, and modified in Lucidchart. (Both files exist in Lucidchart as expected.)

I’m not an engineer, but there seems to be a problem in the way the Lucidchart/Drive integration identifies new files that need to be synced -- especially when the new files were created via the Duplicate process in Lucidchart.  

I have tried unlinking/relinking multiple times. Didn’t work. I’m open to other suggestions but I really think this is a you problem and not a me problem. 

Hi @Ken S., thank you for continuing this post and sharing information about the behaviour you are experiencing with the Google Drive integration! 

It looks like this is a bug and I have reported this to our development team so they can take a closer look. We rigorously prioritize what to work on based on the extent and criticality of the issue -- because of this, we unfortunately are unable to share any timelines for a fix. I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns and we'll keep this thread updated with any developments!

Hello,

I have been having trouble trying to insert Lucidchart diagrams into Google Drive. The Lucidchart App simply does not display or is not accessible in Google Drive documents - most recently attempted in Google Docs. Old inserts are still visible.

Attempted processes:

• [from Google document] > Extensions > [Lucidchart extension not visible/available]
    • this is the method I used to use, and it used to work.
    •  

• >from Google document] > Insert > Image > My Drive > Lucidchart > “This folder is empty”
    •  

• >from Google document] > Insert > Drawing > My Drive > Lucidchart > “This folder is empty”
    •  

• >from Google Drive] > Lucidchart > cdesired Lucidchart diagram] > (see sub-list below)
    • connects to Lucid.app for editing
    • may be moved to another GDrive folder
    • may be shared from GDrive
    • NO METHOD FOR INSERTING INTO GOOGLE DOCUMENTS
    •  

Notes for troubleshooting team:

• My email address is the same on both Google and Lucidchart.
  • I have not changed this address nor integration in 5-10 years, and it is still the same.
  • From Lucid Account settings,
    • My Google Drive account is linked.
    • I am able to sync with Google Drive, which updates the old, already-inserted diagrams as well as the files in the Google Drive Lucidchart folder.
    • I have automatic weekly backup and automatic sync new diagrams to Google Drive.
    •  

• From Google Drive settings > Extensions
    • Add-on Lucidchart app is still installed.
    •  

I am uncertain if this is an issue from my, Lucid’s, or Google’s end. I don’t believe I can do anything else from my end, but I’m open to suggestions. Please help.

Hey @rrangech -- thanks for posting! Your add ons are on the right side panel of Google now. It should look like this: 

This will be the place you can insert diagrams from and install the add-ons. 

Hope this helps!