Skip to main content

I can't find information about how the Google <-> Lucidchart integration works around Shared Drives.  Some questions:

• Can you create Lucidchart docs in a Google Drive Shared Drive?

• If so do they have the same access permissions as the Shared Drive?  Can only the users that have access to that Shared Drive have access to the Lucidchart doc?

• If yes to the first question can you migrate Lucidchart documents from native Lucidchart storage over to a Shared Drive?

Hello Nate thanks for posting in the Community! To answer your questions..

• Yes. You can create Lucidchart docs in a Google Team Drive. From Drive select New > More > Lucidchart Diagrams and a new document will be opened in the Lucidchart editor. You will then be able to move that file from your personal drive to your team drive. You can also share a document via Google Drive. Right-click any file from the “Lucidchart” folder in your Google Drive select “Share” and enter your collaborator’s information. Then your collaborator can access the Lucidchart document by right-clicking the file and selecting “Open With” > “Lucidchart.”

• Permissions will be inherited from Lucidchart or Google Drive based on which one has greater permissions. For example if a document is shared with Edit access in Lucidchart to a user who only has read access in Google Drive the user will still receive edit access.

• To migrate Lucidchart documents to a shared drive from your Lucidchart document select File > Export to Google Drive. Choose the file type and other preferences and click “Done.” Once that is finished downloading you will be able to move your Lucidchart files from your personal Drive to your Team Drive. 

Here is a Help Center article about Lucidchart and Google Drive. Please let me know if I have misinterpreted one of your questions and I'd be happy to help!

Thank you that is very helpful.  If we wanted the Google drive permissions to always be the one followed we would simple never use the share functionality inside Lucidchart itself correct?  If that is correct is there a way to turn off the ability to share through Lucidchart?

Also is there similar functionality supported in Office 365 (we are looking at a possibly migration to that platform)?