Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out with a question concerning the storage capacity limits on Lucidchart. As a project manager, I frequently use the platform for creating diagrams, plans, hand-offs, and generating client deliverables that incorporate numerous images within the documents.

I've previously sought solutions for this issue and was offered several workarounds, none of which have proven effective:

1. Integration with Google Drive: Despite having 15GB available on Drive, I still hit the 1GB capacity limit on Lucidchart.
  2. The Back & Restore option for individual documents is inefficient due to the volume of documents I manage, making it too time-consuming & difficult to manage.
  3. Upgrading to Lucidspark to gain an additional 1GB (for a total of 2GB) doesn't seem like a sustainable solution, as I anticipate reaching this capacity limit in the future as well.

Given these challenges, is there a way to store my files/documents in a separate storage solution, like Google Drive, where they can be exported and imported as needed or recalled for reference? This solution would ideally allow me to manage my storage capacity more effectively while continuing to use Lucidchart for my project management needs.

Thank you for your assistance.

Hi @JDiaz, thanks for posting in the Community!

I know we were able to resolve this for the time being via ticket since it dealt specifically with your account, but for the sake of closing the loop here and providing general recommendations to anyone who comes across this post, I'd like to share the following storage tips:

• Every account type has a different amount of storage. You can find the details for each account level and consider if upgrading might be a good option for you in this help center article.
  • You can check how much of your storage is being used and what it is being used by in your Account Settings at the bottom of the left panel. If you hover over each of the colored sections, you can see what that portion of the storage represents.
  • Images generally take up the most space in your account, if you are running out of room it is recommended that you clear out as many images as you can from both your documents and your Image Manager. You can access your Image Manager from the file menu at the top of your Lucidchart document editor.
  • Please note, when deleting documents, in order to free up storage space you will need to navigate to your trash folder and select to delete the documents from your trash as well.

Feel free to add to this thread if you have any other suggestions for managing storage and/or using the Backup/Restore feature!