Skip to main content

Hi Lucid Charts Team

I want to add URLs in the google drive format to a Google sheet for employee images so that I can import them into Org Chart.

I know there is a bulk upload feature in org chart that allows me to upload images.

however if I use it the google sheets that I am using to import the data into won't have the image urls.

If I add a URL to a google drive location for the image there does not appear to show that image for the employee. (though there is some kind of image being displayed)

Thanks

Patrick

Hi Patrick Thanks for posting in the community! Unfortunately you cannot use links to images stored on Google Drive. Google Drive will block Lucidchart's access and the images will not appear in the org chart. In order to work around this you will need upload the images directly to Lucidchart or link URLs from a public location.

For more information on uploading images and setting up your Org Chart please check out our Org Charts article. Hope this helps!

Thank you for the quick response.

I was wondering that this was the issue.

However since our company are already integrated with Lucid chart with Google account in order to share Lucid Charts documents I thought that Lucid charts app might already have the required accesses.

I was able to use the mass upload feature though it works well.

thanks

Hi Patrick

I'm glad you were able to use the mass upload feature! Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Hi Shanna

Actually I've realised this creates a problem.

After import is completed (mass upload of photos) the chart is updated correctly.
However the next time I make a change to the google sheet - and import - I now get a warning that the Lucid Chart has diverged from the google sheet.

the problem created is that there is no way for me to know if this divergence is "just" the photos that I manually uploaded or something else in the chart.
So when the question of do you want to keep those changes or revert those changes is asked I can not know which is correct.

I would need a way for Lucid charts to write to GoogleSheet - or at least a easy way to export all the image URLs generated by lucid charts with the name.

I have to export by hand to CSV copy the image urls and then add them back into the google spreadsheet

Hi Patrick

Thanks for following up! When you mass upload images after creating your Org Chart as long as there are no indicated images in the Google Sheet it should not produce any messaging about about a need to update for changes. So when you make changes in the Google Sheet you should be able to choose whether or not to update your Org Chart to match but the images that were previously uploaded should be maintained.

If this is not what you are seeing please submit a ticket using our Contact Support Form and provide the doc URL so we can take a closer look. Thanks for your help!