Skip to main content

I really love Lucidchart for software engineering with UML. I'm considering asking my company to upgrade my account but there is one thing that I'm hesitant about. We use Google Workspace and I love the Lucidchart plugin for Google Drive but it seems that Lucidchart saves the diagrams I create under my account's drive in a folder called Lucidchart.

Is it possible to save diagrams to a shared google drive within my organization instead of my specific account? As an organization we want to keep all project files on the shared drive and not on employees google drive.

If this is possible in the premium account I will definitely campaign for the upgrade.

Hi Derek

Thanks for posting in the community! To answer your question synced diagrams will always show up in the Lucidchart folder in Google Drive first there isn't a way to change this automatic function. However after the synced diagram appears in the Lucidchart folder you are welcome to move it to any folder in Drive. One strategy that may help is registering your Lucid account under your company email this will sync your diagrams to your personal workspace but allow for easier transfer to your team's Google Drive folders. 

You can also add your idea to our feature request form - ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

I hope this answers your question!