Skip to main content

Hello,

I really like how easy that is to create an org chart with the capability to drag and drop objects to connect them and also the ability to collaps parts of the tree to be able to focus on the part of the chart that I wish to.

On the sales account mapping I like the option to control the contact role and the colors that it applies to the shap.

How can those two be combined? like org chart but with contact role selection with colors?

Hi @David Ginz 

To achieve this combination, these are the steps I usually try:

1. Use the org chart template or manually create your org chart by dragging and dropping shapes to represent each person or role in the organization.
  2. For each shape (representing an individual or role), you can add a text field or a label to indicate the contact role (e.g., Manager, Team Lead, Sales Rep).
  3. Click on the shape, then use the properties panel to add additional fields or text areas to include the role information.
  4. Decide on a color scheme for different contact roles. For example, Managers could be blue, Team Leads green, and Sales Reps yellow.
  5. Click on a shape to select it, then use the fill color option in the properties panel to apply the appropriate color based on the contact role.
  6. To make this process more efficient, you can use the conditional formatting feature. Go to “View” tab on the toolbar and select "Conditional Formatting" to set rules that automatically change the shape's color based on the text in the contact role field.
  7. Ensure that the drag-and-drop feature is enabled for easy reorganization of your org chart. Lucidchart’s intuitive interface allows you to drag shapes to reposition them and automatically adjust the connectors.
  8. To focus on specific parts of the org chart, you can use the grouping feature. Group related shapes together, and then collapse or expand these groups as needed.
  9. Right-click on a group of shapes, select "Group," and then choose "Collapsible" from the context menu. This allows you to collapse parts of the tree to focus on particular sections.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.