Skip to main content

Hi

I made a copy of the Gantt Chart with Progress Bar and updated the linked Dataset to a new Dataset in my Google domain. Data flows fine. Some things change dynamically upon refresh like progress % in the task bar (dynamic shape).

I am confused about the interaction below

If I add a new row to the Google sheet (Blue) a new data row and a new task bar (dynamic shape) are created in Lucid. However the bar is set to start on a different date like slide over.

Google Sheet

Lucid

Other related:

If I change Duration value in the source data Google Sheet the task bars (dynamic shapes)  do not change length.

I have reviewed the Data Linking and Timeline Help Center articles and still don’t really get the interaction that I have described.

Overall I am interested in maintaining the Gantt by editing Google sheet over time.

Any pointers?

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike thanks for posting your questions in the community! I'm happy to help.

Since there is no direct relation between the Timeline and the table with the task bars in the Gantt chart the best solution is to manually click and drag the task bar shape to the correct place in relation to the Timeline. This will be the same solution for the length of the task bar as well. The progress bar will fill the dynamic shape depending on what percentage complete it is but to update the time you expect the overall task to take in relation to the Timeline you'll need to manually adjust the size (length) of the shape by clicking and dragging one side.

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Hi Ashley- Thanks for the info. It keeps me from spending time on my first approach.

-Mike

Hi! I’m Micah from Lucid’s community team. 👋 I thought you, and any others who might come across this topic in the future, might be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!