Skip to main content

If you’re new to Lucid and you’re coming from Jamboard, welcome! 

On September 28th 2023 Google announced the deprecation of Jamboard in the upcoming year. We’re excited you’ve made the choice to use Lucidspark and Lucidchart in your classroom, office, and anywhere else you may have used Jamboard in the past. We’re confident you’ll love Lucid as much as we do.

This post is the right place to ask questions about how to use Lucidspark tools and anything else you need support with regarding the change. Lucid experts are monitoring new posts and responses on this thread and are ready to answer questions and help resolve any issues that may arise—we’re here to help make the process as smooth as possible and help you learn to use Lucid like the pros.

Here are some of our best resources we recommend starting with:

Additional resources for educators:

• See the Welcome to Lucid for Education help center article to learn more about our free educational plan, recommended integrations, and more resources.
  • Explore the Lucid for Education homepage for more ideas on how to use Lucid in the classroom, find lesson plans, use templates, and browse educator resources.

Ask your questions in the thread below. And feel free to use this space to share tips and tricks you’ve found that may help others as well!

Hi @pewgar, thank you for continuing this thread. If you haven’t already, could you please give the steps outlined in my comment above yours a try and let us know if you see any changes after trying that? 

Let us know if you have any questions! 

Hi , I’m new to Lucid Spark and trying to import a Jamboard file. Whenever I try, it says 

Lucid Software has this access

You can always remove any access in your Google Account.

See, edit, create, and delete only the specific Google Drive files you use with this app

and then puts me back to the first screen without giving me the chance to select a flle.

I’ve followed the guidance above and checked that I am logged into my gmail account  - I’ve logged out and back in just to make sure. . Lucidspark is not showing as being linked to Google but when I follow the link instructions it just takes me back to the same screen and it is still not linked. 

Hi @pewgar

Sorry for the late response! Are you still experiencing this issue? Can you check that your Google email address matches the email address associated with your Lucid account? This is necessary for the link to function. Can you provide screenshots of the issue? 

Hi @May

Can you check that your Google email address matches the email address associated with your Lucid account? This is necessary for the link to function. 

Would you mind unlinking and relinking to your Google account? If the issue persists can you priovide screenshots of the issue you are seeing? Thanks for your help and patience!

Hi knield,

That will  be the problem because my google account is personal and the Lucid Account is work.  Its not a huge issue as it is really only a couple of  Jamboards with limited  information so it will be easier to recreate in LUCID rather than trying to download if it is not straightforward !  Thanks very much for your help.

May

Hi @May , 

Thank you for clarifying! The Jamboard import will not work without your Gmail and Lucid account address matching.

However, as a workaround, you could create a new Lucid account with your Google email address and connect your account to Google Drive. Once they are linked, you can then import your Jamboards and share them with your Lucid work account. Then, you can transfer ownership of these documents from you personal Lucid account to your work Lucid account by following the steps in this Transfer Lucid Documents help article.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Hi!

I did everything according to the instructions.

I've read all the posts in this thread and made reconnection.

Likewise, I have the same Gmail for Lucid and Jamboard.

However, I have the same problem: I get repeatedly asked for access to Google Drive and so on in a circle. That is, I don't even go to the point: choosing a board because I can't see the contents of Google Drive.

Can you help me, please?

Ho fatto tutto secondo le istruzioni ma quando cerco di importare una qualunque jamboard in lucid  appare l’avviso      Non è stato possibile importare 1 tavole. 

Cosa posso fare? 

Hi @bshumylo, thanks for adding to the thread! It sounds like you may be running into an authentication loop. I would recommend reviewing the following post to troubleshoot this issue: 

Please let me know if the issue persists!

Ciao, @lorena.schizzi, grazie per aver aggiunto al thread! Sembra che potresti imbatterti in un ciclo di autenticazione. Consiglierei di rivedere il post precedente per risolvere questo problema.

​Per favore fatemi sapere se il problema persiste!

Ho eseguito tutto ciò che è indicato in RISOLUZIONE DEI PROBLEMI ma il problema persiste. 

Come posso fare? 

Ciao @lorena.schizzi, puoi inviare uno screenshot del messaggio di errore che ricevi? Apprezzo il vostro aiuto e la vostra pazienza!

Ciao,

sono riuscita ad importare la maggiore parte delle mie Jamboard, ma per alcune mi arriva un messaggio di problema durante l'importazione del documento. Cosa posso fare? 

Hi,

I’ve migrated my Jamboards successfully but I’m confused at the layout when I open my Jams in Lucid. All the frames seem to be squished into one page.  I would like to be able to open each of the tiny frames to present each frame as a slide.  Your help is appreciated. 

Anch'io ho lo stesso problema...puoi aiutarmi a capire come fare? Grazie!

Ciao @minuetto, grazie per aver aggiunto a questo thread! Ti consiglio di consultare il nostro articolo sull'importazione di file Jamboard in Lucidspark per istruzioni su come trasformare i tuoi Jam esistenti in bacheche Lucidspark modificabili. Se continui a visualizzare un messaggio di errore, ti dispiacerebbe condividere uno screenshot in modo che io possa capire meglio cosa vedi?

Con la tua seconda domanda, puoi chiarire: sei in grado di separare le sezioni della pagina quando vengono importate insieme? Se utilizzi la nostra funzionalità modalità presentazione, puoi selezionare aree delle immagini per presentarle individualmente. Se il problema continua a persistere, puoi inviare un PIN di supporto temporaneo per questo documento? Ciò mi consentirà di dare un'occhiata più da vicino al problema che stai riscontrando. Per ulteriori informazioni sulla generazione di un PIN di supporto, consulta questo articolo del Centro assistenza. Apprezzo il vostro aiuto e la vostra pazienza!

(English Translation below)

Hi @minuetto, thanks for adding to this thread! I would recommend reviewing our  Import Jamboard files into Lucidspark article for instructions on how to turn your existing Jams into editable Lucidspark boards. If you continue to see an error message, would you mind sharing a screenshot so I can better understand what you’re seeing?

With your second question, can you clarify, are you able to separate the sections of the page when they are imported together? If you are using our presentation mode feature, you can select areas of the images to present them individually. If the issue continues to persist, can you please send a temporary Support PIN for this document? This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing. For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article. I appreciate your help and patience!

Ciao @minuetto, grazie per aver aggiunto a questo thread! Ti consiglio di consultare il nostro articolo sull'importazione di file Jamboard in Lucidspark per istruzioni su come trasformare i tuoi Jam esistenti in bacheche Lucidspark modificabili. Se continui a visualizzare un messaggio di errore, ti dispiacerebbe condividere uno screenshot in modo che io possa capire meglio cosa vedi?

Con la tua seconda domanda, puoi chiarire: sei in grado di separare le sezioni della pagina quando vengono importate insieme? Se utilizzi la nostra funzionalità modalità presentazione, puoi selezionare aree delle immagini per presentarle individualmente. Se il problema continua a persistere, puoi inviare un PIN di supporto temporaneo per questo documento? Ciò mi consentirà di dare un'occhiata più da vicino al problema che stai riscontrando. Per ulteriori informazioni sulla generazione di un PIN di supporto, consulta questo articolo del Centro assistenza. Apprezzo il vostro aiuto e la vostra pazienza!

(English Translation below)

Hi @minuetto, thanks for adding to this thread! I would recommend reviewing our  Import Jamboard files into Lucidspark article for instructions on how to turn your existing Jams into editable Lucidspark boards. If you continue to see an error message, would you mind sharing a screenshot so I can better understand what you’re seeing?

With your second question, can you clarify, are you able to separate the sections of the page when they are imported together? If you are using our presentation mode feature, you can select areas of the images to present them individually. If the issue continues to persist, can you please send a temporary Support PIN for this document? This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing. For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article. I appreciate your help and patience!

Ecco la schermata che mi si presenta…

Grazie per la disponibilità e la cortesia.

​Grazie per aver condiviso lo screenshot, @minuetto ! Ti dispiacerebbe provare a importare la tua Jamboard in una finestra privata/in incognito per vedere se questo ti consente di importare? Se il problema persiste, invia uno screenshot dell'output della console Javascript associato dopo aver riprodotto il problema. Puoi aprire la console Javascript premendo Ctrl+Shift+J (se il tuo computer è Windows/Linux) O Cmd+Opt+J (se il tuo computer è un Mac).

​(English Translation below)

Thanks for sharing the screenshot, @minuetto! Would you mind attempting to import your Jamboard in a private/incognito window to see if this allows you to import? If the issue persist, please send a screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output after reproducing the issue. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (if your computer is a Windows/Linux) OR Cmd+Opt+J (if your computer is a Mac).

​Grazie per aver condiviso lo screenshot, @minuetto ! Ti dispiacerebbe provare a importare la tua Jamboard in una finestra privata/in incognito per vedere se questo ti consente di importare? Se il problema persiste, invia uno screenshot dell'output della console Javascript associato dopo aver riprodotto il problema. Puoi aprire la console Javascript premendo Ctrl+Shift+J (se il tuo computer è Windows/Linux) O Cmd+Opt+J (se il tuo computer è un Mac).

​(English Translation below)

Thanks for sharing the screenshot, @minuetto! Would you mind attempting to import your Jamboard in a private/incognito window to see if this allows you to import? If the issue persist, please send a screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output after reproducing the issue. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (if your computer is a Windows/Linux) OR Cmd+Opt+J (if your computer is a Mac).

Ecco l’output della console Javascript…

Grazie per la pazienza e la disponibilità!

Grazie, @minuetto! Farò qualche ulteriore prova e ti farò sapere quando saprò di più.

Ciao @minuetto, mi scuso per il ritardo e apprezzo la tua pazienza! È possibile inviare un PIN di supporto temporaneo per questo documento? Questo mi permetterà di dare un'occhiata più da vicino al problema che stai riscontrando. Per ulteriori informazioni sulla generazione di un PIN di supporto, consulta questo articolo del Centro assistenza.

Hello.  Does anyone know if you have a google jamboard monitor you can use it for Lucid.  I see some are comming up for sale, so want to make sure i can use it before i buy.  Thank you

Hello.  Does anyone know if you have a google jamboard monitor you can use it for Lucid.  I see some are comming up for sale, so want to make sure i can use it before i buy.  Thank you

Hi there, Google is deprecating the Jamboard 55 devices, which means we are unfortunately unable to build an integration with the devices, nor would we be able to guarantee performance in a workaround. If you're looking for a device that's compatible with Google Meet, we recommend the Board 65 by Avocor.