Skip to main content

Hi

I am creating my own timeline I used shapes to display the epics placed vertically along the timeline. Is there a way to freeze the timeline and or the shapes so when a user is scrolling both float or stay in place? Thanks!

Looking for this similar feature (like freeze panes in Excel)?

Hey there thank you for posting in the Lucid community! Our sincere apologies for the delayed response on this thread - I wanted to follow up in case this answer may still be useful to you and to provide a solution for other users who see this thread in the future.

Thank you for your request for the ability to freeze/float shapes when scrolling! Recently all timeline functionality has moved to one of our other products - Lucidspark - which you can learn more about in this Work with Timelines article from the Lucidspark Help Center. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidspark and your feedback is the best way for us to keep developing a useful and effective product. I've gone ahead and submitted your idea to our product team on your behalf and it will be taken into consideration when prioritizing improvements.

For anyone else with a similar request: we would love to hear additional detail about your use case or see an example of what you're hoping to achieve in the thread below. Additionally if you've discovered a workaround to achieve something similar in the meantime we'd love to hear about it! Thanks for your request!

@Micah , I would love this feature too. My two definite uses cases at present are:

1. Complex sequence diagrams. In this case, I would like to split the window into multiple panes so I can keep the actors, which exist across the top of the diagram, in view when I’m deep in the sequence. Up to 4 split panes with the ability to freeze each pane in the horizontal or vertical direction seems like a great solution for this use case that I think could apply to many other use cases. :-)
  2. Diagrams with legends. In this case, it would be lovely to have a legend that floats (and can be minimized) as I move around the chart. This seems like a much more complex request. It is also lower priority as I can always open a second browser window and have the static legend visible there.

One of our use case is when using a dynamic table the headers are quickly disappearing when we start to scroll down the page. The columns in that instance are sprints which identify when a piece of work will be delivered. Would be great to either be able to freeze the header of a dynamic table or have the ability to add a floating shape.