Skip to main content

Hello

I saw lucid tutorial how to add hyperlinks and i see that they have options to open hyperlink in new window.

Unfortunately i dont have this option Any idea?

Hi Sebastian

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community and thank you for the heads up on the old UI in the picture. Lucidchart now defaults to opening the link in a new window so the checkbox has been removed. I will bring this to the attention of our Training Team and we will make sure to get this video correct. 

Again thank you for your help and sorry for the confusion on this--let me know if you have any questions! Cheers!

Thanks Phillip for the answer. The problem is when i export file to pdf its open in the same window

Hey Sebastian

Thank you for the reply! To do this you can right click and select open in new tab or new window from the PDF view of the document. 

Hope this helps--please let me know if you have any other questions!

Yeah i know but is it possible by default to open in new tab?

Hey Sebastian

Thanks for the reply! This is not possible within Lucid but possibly within your browser settings.

Hope this helps!

So wait becuse I am not sure if i understand

You wrote me ". Lucidchart now defaults to opening the link in a new window so the checkbox has been removed"

By default it is not opening in the same window and when i download it opens in the same

https://www.transfernow.net/dl/20220826qVctjnvp/KNBfG44i

Can i change it to open in new window by default to open in new window as you wrote above?

Hey Sebastian 

Thanks for the reply. To clarify--the open in a new window default feature is only true within Lucidchart itself. Once you download the diagram as a PDF it is now dependent on browser settings if this will be true or not. 

Hope this helps clear that up--please let me know if you have additional questions!