Skip to main content

Floorplan: Door issue and messearument questions

• 12 September 2016
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone

I am getting frustrated with lucidchart and its floorplan diagram. I think that lucidchar needed a floorplan function within its portfolio but I am missing some features (or I can't find them).

1)   How can I switch the hinge-side? I read this article but that isn't working at all. I can change the side to which side the door will open but I can not change the side of the hings (allthough it was described in the article). There are no purple boxes or something. This issue seems to be since 2013 enought time to solve that.

2)  How can I position an object in relation to a wall or other object on the real-life messearument unit instead of the paper-messearument? Example: I have a cubic room and I want to position some spot lights. I need to position them in the exact distance from the walls and with the exact distance to each other. But how can I do that? I tried to change the grid size but that is getting really complicated because then I need so move everything around all the time.

3)  Is there a way to calculate the distance between to points? In my spot light example I need a lable with the distance between each other. And I don't want to write it by hand.

I hope that there is a way to do that. I don't want 3D or texture stuff. Only 2D floorplaning with actual meassurements.

Thanks for your help

Hauke

Hi Hauke

Thanks for reaching out! I empathize with your frustration and I'm sorry for any inconvenience. Hopefully I can help!

1. There is a little trick in doing this; the purple box is used to modify the angle of the door but can also be used to change the direction of the hinge. If you refer to the attachment the default door swings to the left and in order to make the door swing to the right you need to add the door on the inside as shown in 1 and then you need to click the purple box in the middle of the door shape and drag the door outwards until it looks like 2. 

2. There isn't a way to display the foot/yard instead of our paper measurements while moving/spacing objects it would be best to use another element like a wall to create the desired spacing.

3. If you pull out the measurement tool which looks like a scale that might also be useful. You can add it to the canvas and re-position it to calculate distances and then move it when you're done. You could also use a text box to label the distance themselves after removing the measurement scale tool.

Let me know if you have any further questions! Thanks for using Lucidchart!