Skip to main content

I'm glad you have a floor plan editor it makes sense.

A couple of things while there may be better places for feedback I'm not sure where those would be but know that this will get seen hopefully.

1. In floor plan it would be great to be able to set the dimensions of shapes in the units you're working in. It is super frustrating trying to set an object at x1 feet x2 inches by y1 feet y2 inches or even just units in scale. I'll put a table object in the diagram and can see the scaled measurement when I click on the object but to use shape options I get the units of the object on paper why?! Let me set the units I want to work with and then not care what it looks like on paper until I'm worried about printing! (and please don't suggest I do the whole thing with zero scale....)

2. A measuring tool. Your current solution of a scaled measuring bar is a pain. it only adds clutter in some cases when I'm building I just want to measure the distance between a couple of things and there seems no way to do that. In other software I've used there is a "measurement" tool that I you simply click on 2 points and measure the distance between them. Then you have the option to leave it or not but it's a super small line vs a huge block.

3. Could you please fix your docs so the ones that aren't publicly available not return in general google/bing search. It's super frustrating to have a bunch of results from your site pollute the search results when I'm trying to navigate your tool. It's like oh here's your answer maybe it may also be completely non-related or unhelpful but to even see it you have to be a paid user but even then may not?

Hi John 

Thanks for reaching out in the Lucidchart Community and for detailing those suggestions! We're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. If you’d like to see those ideas implemented in our floor plan tool please promote your ideas to our development team through our feature request form. Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration and are highly valued when prioritizing improvements to the product. 

Thanks for your feedback!

+1 on this.  I can see where if you aren't working with real-world objects the shape size on paper might be important but when you are working with scale the size of the shape needs to be the size of the real-world object.  An easy solution to this is to make the default scale 1:1 and always have the measurements/shape options reflect the real-world (non-scaled) size.  This way if the scale changes then the object size on paper changes with it instead of the other way around.

The way it currently works the shape size on paper is the recorded size so when changing the scale it's like Honey I Blew Up the Kid.  I can't think of a real use case where I would want to change the scale setting in order to make the DRAWING larger especially when there is already an easy way to do that (select all and drag).

Hi John

Thanks for continuing this thread! I can see how these changes can be helpful when making floorplans. Please fill out the feature request form above to pass your ideas to our development team.

For others with ideas on how our floorplans tool could be improved please reach out via the form above.

Thanks for your request!