Skip to main content

I need to compare two floor plans visually and for this wanted to have them in two different layers so that I can toggle them and compare. But one LucidChart bug is creating problem here.

When I have two walls at same place in two different layers then LucidChart removes one of them and the wall exists only in one of the layer. I have tried different ways to have walls in two layers but every time I am facing this issue. I have tried copying the wall to other layer (wall on Layer1 -> right click on wall-> "Copy to Layer" -> Layer2). I have manually added the wall to Layer2 at same place but then wall at Layer1 is automatically removed by LudicChart.

LudicChart team Please fix this BASIC ISSUE. It's a clear bug. Objects on different Layers are not same object so FIX THIS BUG AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Community: Please UP-VOTE this request to help me out. And definitely fixing this issue will help you as well when you need to compare two arrangements of the diagrams.

Hi Tarun

Thanks for posting in the Community!

I can see that you already submitted a support request about this issue and I can confirm here again that what you are experiencing is indeed caused by a bug which was reported to our Product Development Team.

As a workaround I recommend duplicating whole layers rather than individual walls. It seems that this circumvents the issue and allows you to keep walls in the same location across multiple layers without them being merged. You can do this in the layers manager by right clicking on a layer > Duplicate.

As soon as we hear back from our Product Development Team about this bug we will make sure to update you!

Thanks for your patience!

Hi @tarun p good news! This bug has been resolved - please let us know if you experience any additional issues!