Skip to main content

How can I filter the resources in my diagram? Can I use a filter for more than one view or do I have to create it for every view I want to use?

Hi there thanks for posting in the community! To create a filter for your architecture model click the Filters button in the toolbar at the top of the Lucidscale editor and choose Create Rule to construct your first filter. 

After naming your filter to identify its unique function select the resource that you would like to apply the filter to in the “For” menu then choose your Key for the “if” condition.

Finally if you would like to use this filter in all views toggle on Advanced Rule Options then toggle on Apply to All Rules. If you turn this toggle off later this will remove the filter on all other views but the current one. 

Note that you can apply multiple filters at the same time and if applied at the same time your model will display anything that meets the criteria of one filter or the other. 

For more information please refer to our Working with AWS Architecture in Lucidscale article from the Lucidscale Help Center and post any additional questions below!