Skip to main content

For years I've used interests tasks and job names to set up intuitive file folders trees in Windows.  I use YYMMDD prefixes on my Lucid docs but being able to set up folder trees like in Windows would be good.  How do I do it? Your article suggesting YYMMDD plus alpha misses the point for me.

Can I set up Windows-type file folders in Lucid or how do I save them in Windows GDrive OneDrive etc so they open up automatically in Lucid chart?

Hi @ian.hendra thanks for posting in the community - I'm happy to help! Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the file tree structure you are trying to replicate in Lucid? This will help us take a closer look and share any advice that may help your use-case! Please see an example screenshot of the Lucid folder structure below: 

If possible could you please share some additional details to describe what you are looking for?

Regarding your second question we have an integration with Google Drive which allows you to open store and share your Lucidchart diagrams through Google Drive. However please note that any file structure that you had set up in Lucidchart will not be carried over to Google Drive in the sync. All synced diagrams will initially be put under one folder named Lucidchart. From there you can move them wherever you wish. For more information I recommend taking a look at our Lucidchart in Google Drive article from the Help Center. 

I hope this helps! Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions!