Skip to main content

Hey we've been using Lucidchart for a while and make a lot of use of the 'Actions' on shapes so I can link to an external web page for more info.

This works fine but recently the behaviour has changed where clicking on the shape now displays the link and I then have to click on the link to take me to the content. I'm sure it never used to do that and it seems to be doing the same on Chrome and MS Edge.

How can I switch this off so it retains the old behaviour?

Hey Bravissimo 👋 

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community🎉 This is the new functionality of the 'Actions' feature. Currently we do not have a way to turn this functionality on and off however we hear you! We are always looking for ways to improve and your feedback is the best way for us to do that! Would you mind to share your idea here? 

Thank you so much for the heads up on how this might impact your workflow and allowing us the opportunity to implement changes to help--Cheers!🍻

Hi Phillip

Thanks for the response. Great that you've added it as a new feature but my users are now getting a little frustrated because they now have to click twice to get where they wanted rather than just once. So your change hasn't gone down very well in my organisation I'm afraid.

If you can introduce that as a global setting in a future version I'd be grateful.

Chris

Hey Bravissimo

Thank you for the reply and insight on how this change has impacted your work. We value your experience (and that of your users) within the Lucid Suite of products. We are always striving to be the best we can be and this is no exception! I will most certainly get this request logged and have our devs take a look 👍

Again thank you for the heads up and opportunity to help--firm handshakes all around 🤝