Skip to main content

I did not have the issue previously when sharing externally. My client gets the following message "To view this document you need to a member of the account it was shared from" Where do I add external members to a diagram I'm trying to share?

Hi Rcorcuera!

Thanks for posting your concerns in the community! We are happy to help!

This could be a Guest Collaborators' issue as you may be using a shareable link or it could be an issue with sharing permissions. I have provided more details for both options below: 

For starters I recommend viewing our Guest Collaborators Article from the Lucid Help Center for more details on generating guest links and to learn more about the Guest Collaborator feature. 

There are a couple of specific things worth noting about Guest Collaborator:

• Guest Collaborators do not have access to all features. For instance they cannot operate the timer vote or export a Lucidspark board. See here for the full list of features that can be accessed by Guest Collaborators.

• If you have created a shared link that is set to be available to anyone with the link and has "Edit" permissions guests who use the link will be able to access the board without logging in and will be able to contribute to the board as a Guest Collaborator. Guest Collaborators will have access to all of the content on the board.

• Lucidspark does not track which Guest Collaborator made which changes in a Lucidspark board.

Furthermore if this does not resolve your issue I also recommend viewing our article on sharing from the Lucid Help Center let me know if you have any questions about the setup or intended functionality.

There are a few specific things worth noting when working with sharing:

• In most cases involving issues with sharing unsharing and resharing the document resolves the problem. I would recommend trying this before you go any further.

• If someone from a higher-level account shares a document using paid features with a lower-level account the lower-level account will have limited or no access to those paid features.

• When sharing the document you can change the sharing permissions by clicking the gray drop down to the right of where you enter the collaborator’s email address. This will define how the collaborator will be able to interact with the document.

• After accepting the invitation to enter the document the shared document will show up in the “Shared with Me” folder not the “My Documents” folder.

If you continue to have challenges sharing your document please submit a support ticket by emailing us at support@lucidchart.com or submit your request here and we are more than happy to take a closer look. Thank you!  :) 

Hi Quadeshia

Here is a tutorial on sharing Lucid with external collaborators https://help.lucid.co/hc/en-us/articles/4642423138196-Share-with-collaborators-in-Lucid#join-id.

Please let me know if you run into any other issues.