Skip to main content
Question

Exporting to PDF and PNG shapes are not in locations displayed in Lucid

• 22 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello,

While trying to export a lucid chart with custom shapes we are finding that the shapes and text boxes shift slightly to the left or right.
Tried to copy everything to a new sheet and went through troubleshooting steps but bug still persists.

This looks fine in export preview but once exported has this bug. Have also tried to export in PNG and getting the same bug.

Lucid View

Lucid Chart Copy

PDF Export

PDF Copy

Kind Regards,

Luis

Hi Luis!

Yeah. I noticed from your example that the left line and information (“V” from “VL25” and “VL26” and above) are missing.

What I'll suggest is not the ideal way to do it, but it could help. My idea is to:

1. Create a Copy and check if happens again;
  2. You can insert any information on the left side of you content and then cut yourself with “Custom Crop”. Here's an example:

That way, the original frame will have a  wider spectrum to export and then  you can cut at the specific point that you desire.

Hi @rafaalb07,

Thank you for the suggestions. I have tried both but unfortunately this is issue is still occurring, strange thing is it’s with this document specifically and not any others.

I have also checked page configurations but still no luck.

Great suggestion @rafaalb07! I apologize that the issue is persisting, @Luis B

Can you please send a temporary Support PIN for this document? This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing. For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article.