Skip to main content

I know it's possible to generate the appropriate SQL query using "FK" column in lucidchart. However is there a way to setup lucidchart to generate composite foreign key?

For example let say I have the following tables:

Table 1:

column1

column2

column3

Table 2:

column4

column5

foreign key (column4column5) references table1 (column1 column2)

Is it possible to create this foreign key using lucidchart?

Hi Otto

Thanks for posting in the Community! To clarify are you looking to import an ERD to Lucidchart or export an ERD from Lucidchart with this formatting?

I am looking to export an ERD from Lucidchart with this formatting.

Currently we have a project that is relying on the Lucidchart's ERD export to generate our schema. If there's no way to specify composite foreign key then we will need to manually add those FK statements in our migrations. But it would be nice if Lucidchart natively support this.

Hi Otto

Thanks for that clarification. Unfortunately what you are trying to do is not currently supported in Lucidchart. The main usage of our ERD functionality is users importing their CSV from the SQL database into Lucidchart our functionality for manual creation and exporting of the Lucidchart data is not as robust. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration. My apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for adding your thoughts here. Let me know if you have any additional questions! 

Thanks you for confirming not a problem.

Hi Otto 

No problem! We're happy to help. Thank you for sharing your thoughts in the Community and let us know if there's anything else we can do to support your work.