Skip to main content

As per the title.

I’m exporting shape data to csv, within each shape is text.

However, only the first line of text is being displayed in the output.

e.g. Shape in chart has first line 1.11, 2nd line blah blah blah

‘blah blah blah’ is not rendering in the output, only 1.11

How do I obtain all text within the shape?

Hi @EvansSM, thanks for your post! This sounds unusual - all text should be captured via the export. I’ve performed an example export myself and would love to compare to what you’re seeing. Beginning in column L and continuing into the following columns, you can see the complete text contained by shapes in my flowchart:

For your reference, I generated this CSV from this template

and I’ve also attached the CSV itself. 

To clarify, are you seeing no data at all in your column L, or partial? If you’re willing to share a screenshot of what you’re seeing vs what you expect to see, that would be helpful for me to understand!

Thanks Micah - please see below:

Sometimes, the value is partial, most of the time it’s missing.

thanks, Steven

Hi Steven, thanks for your response. Can you confirm if the subsequent lines are present in later columns (i.e. M and N)? Because these appear to be clean line breaks, I suspect that the text is not captured within a single cell. For example, for the “3.04” cell you’ve highlighted, I believe the text “Queries?” might be in row 91 column M. 

You can see this behavior in my example above. Line 19 of my data corresponds to the “Flowchart shapes” block on the left of the diagram. Under “Text Area 1”, “Text Area 2,” and so on, you can see the subsequent lines of text contained within that block.