Question

Exporting Issue

Badge +1

How come when I export my chart as a PDF is reverts back to an older version? For example, what I see on my screen is different to the PDF. I even exported as a JPEG which worked fine, but when I converted the JPEG to a PDF, the PDF reverted back to an old version.

Comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @NicoleB 

Here are a few possible reasons why this might be happening when you export your chart as a PDF, along with some troubleshooting steps:

1. Caching Issues - Sometimes, your browser or Lucidchart might cache an older version of your document, which could be what’s getting exported.

• Solution: Try clearing your browser's cache or try exporting the chart from a different browser or an incognito/private window to see if that resolves the issue.
  2. Save Sync Delay - If your document hasn't fully synced after your latest changes, it might export an older version.

• Solution: Ensure that all changes are saved and the document is fully synced before exporting. You can check the document's sync status to ensure that all changes are saved.
  3. PDF Export Settings - There might be specific settings or issues within the PDF export process that aren’t present in the JPEG export.

• Solution: Check the export settings when you are saving as PDF. Ensure that no options could revert the document to a previous state, such as selecting a different revision or layer if those features are supported.

If none of the above solutions work, you can reach out to Lucidchart support  here:  https://help.lucid.co/hc/en-us/articles/360049229652-Get-support . Provide details of your issue, steps you’ve taken, and perhaps examples of the different outputs (JPEG vs. PDF). 

Hope this helps.

Badge +1

@Ria S that solved the problem...thanks SO much!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

you’ve very welcome @NicoleB. Happy to help