Skip to main content

Hi I am not 100% sure I even have this question fully formed in my mind but that I'm looking for is something like this:  I am diagraming a process and use variety of shapes to denote various elements of the process.  I would like to then be able to export the diagram into an Excel format with a unique ID for each shape and line that's on the diagram.  

Let's say I have a square titled A connecting line and another square titled B.  The excel spreadsheet would then contain something like this:
- First line - Square - A - Unique ID
- Second line - Line - Unique ID
- Third line - Square - B - Unique ID

So for me each one of these elements could be something that I have to build and as I import this into our PM software I can have the Unique ID as a reference to this diagram and this specific shape.  

Is something like this possible?

Hi Vadim thanks for posting on the community!

Unfortunately what you are trying to do with exporting shape/document data into excel is not currently supported in Lucidchart. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

We do provide an option to export a CSV of shape data. If you are interested in this option please refer to our Export your Lucidchart Document article for additional information.

Hope this helps!

Hi! Updating this thread with exciting news - we've recently launched Lucid for Developers a community space dedicated to supporting and connecting our users working with the Lucid API and our most technical features.

In this section the developers actually building Lucid’s APIs will be available to answer your most technical questions just like this one. Furthermore here we plan to announce new endpoints tools and guides to help you have the best possible experience developing on Lucid’s APIs. You can browse existing posts connect with other users with similar questions and goals and ask questions of your own by creating a new post or leaving a comment. Thank you and we're excited to hear from you!