Skip to main content

Can flowcharts be exported to / imported from Visio without loss of formatting?

I'm producing materials for a client company that uses Visio exclusively. I have a pro subs for Lucid and would prefer not to get Visio or at least create in Lucid and then use the free Visio to convert my Lucid charts to Visio.

Hi @jean e thank you for posting in the community! Exporting a document from Lucid as a VDX/VSDX file will then allow you to import and edit in Visio. In certain cases due to differences between the two applications there may be minor differences between the original Lucid file and the file imported to Visio. 

The Export to Visio section of this Export and print your Lucidchart document article from the Help Center as some additional information on this.

If you notice any issues please submit a support ticket via this form with a screenshot of the issue and our team will be happy to assist.

I hope this helps! Please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Thanks so much Leianne. Does the same apply when importing Visio charts into Lucid?

Hi @jean e that is correct! You can follow the steps outlined in this Import files article to import a Visio file into Lucid. Once your document is created you should be able to edit your diagram using Lucidchart's tools. Please give this a try and if you run into any trouble please take a look at this Import Troubleshooting article.

Feel free to let us know if you run into any issues or if you have any questions. Cheers!