Skip to main content
Solved

Export to Visio VSDX or VSX returning error

• 28 November 2023
  • 17 replies

I’m attempting to export a VSDX or VSX file but I keep receiving the error “An error occured. Failed to download.”

Is anyone else having this issue and unable to export?

Comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @cbuck! Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community!  I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble with exporting your document as a VSDX or VSX. Would you mind taking a look at our Troubleshooting: Export or print a document help center article? It has several troubleshooting steps you can take to try and resolve your issue. After going through those options, please let me know if you continue to experience issues!

Badge +3

Hi Morgan T, I tried all of the recommendations from the artile and none of them worked.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hey @cbuck - I’m sorry to hear that the troubleshooting steps didn’t work for you. Can you please tell me the temporary Support PIN for this document? This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing. For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article. (Just as an FYI, this Support PIN doesn’t allow anyone but Lucid Support to take a look at your document, so you are safe to post it here.)

Badge +3

6nOGCEYPctsB

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hey @cbuck! Thanks for getting back to me. I was able to reproduce the error you are seeing, but I was able to export the document after I copied the content into a brand new Lucidchart document. Would you mind giving that a try?

Badge +3

How do I do that?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@cbuck

To copy all the content to a new document:

1. Select all the content by hitting Ctrl-A (Cmd-A on a Mac) OR by dragging your cursor to draw a box around the content.
  2. Copy it by hitting Ctrl-C (Cmd-C on a Mac) OR by right-clicking and selecting Copy.
  3. Open a brand new Lucidchart document.
  4. Paste the content by hitting Ctrl-V (Cmd-V on a Mac) OR by right-clicking and selecting Paste.
  5. Repeat steps 1-4 if you have a multi-page document.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Badge

Hi there,

I’m having the same issue. My document has multiple pages, so I’ve tried copying the content of one page to another document and then downloading it, but I’m still getting the error regardless of whether I try to download it as a vsdx or vdx file.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hey @efilardo . Thanks for reaching out! Can you please tell me the temporary Support PIN for this document? For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article. (Just as an FYI, this Support PIN doesn’t allow anyone but Lucid Support to take a look at your document, so you are safe to post it here.)

Badge

Thank you for reaching out so quickly. Here is the support pin: UmCewGzwy16D

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hey @efilardo. I was able to reproduce your issue, and it seems like it is affecting more than just your account. I have reported this to our development team, and I will get back to you with any updates as soon as I can.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@efilardo Our engineers are still working on a fix for this, but we have found that when we change the fill color of my shapes to something other than white, the export is successful for some reason. If you need your export sooner than our engineers can provide a fix, that is something you can try.

I’ll update here again when I know anything new.

Badge

@Morgan T Thanks so much for the update. I will hold off on the export for now to give the engineers a chance to fix things, but thanks for letting me know about the alternative.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@efilardo Just another update - it looks like Visio export is working as expected now, but I’m noticing that in your document, it still is not working. There may be a bug in that document specifically. I did test copying and pasting as described in the “Best answer” above, and it worked. Would you mind giving that a try and letting me know if you still continue to have issues?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hey @efilardo - hopefully the final update here. The engineers released one more fix, and I was able to successfully export your doc without copying and pasting. Please let me know if it does not work for you!

Badge

Hi @Morgan T, the export worked! Thank you so much for your help with this and for following up so diligently. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@efilardo  Happy to help! Please let us know if you have any other issues!