Skip to main content

Export Lucid Chart to Visio on Mac via Web Application

We are merging and have begun using Visio. There are some users that have Lucid Chart and still use this program. I am an admin and when I followed the steps to Export. The file does download however I receive the following message: There is no application wet to open the document "Test" and to search the app store which is to no avail. I believe we have the desktop application for Windows but not for Mac. Has anyone run into this issue? We only have it Web Based through Office 365. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Millie

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey Camille

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community 🥳 To clarify--are you seeing this message when you attempt to download your Lucidchart document as a Visio file or when attempting to import the Visio file into Lucidchart? When exporting your document from Lucidchart you will need to go to File > Export > Visio. This will download your document to your device and allow you to open it within Visio. If you do not have Visio on the device you are downloading to you will not be able to open this file type. 

Hope this helps--please let me know if it doesn't or if you have any other questions!

The error message is happening when I am trying to import Lucid Chart into Visio. I am not sure if I was clear on that. My apologies.  This is after the document is downloaded. There isn't an issue with the download.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey Camille 

No worries at all! Would you mind to share a screenshot of the error message you are seeing--I'd be happy to take a closer look. 

Thanks you for your help and patience! 

It doesn't matter if I download VSDX or VDX

We only have the web application and not the desktop application for Mac

Only the desktop application for Windows

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey Camille

Thank you for the reply and context! So you will need to open your Visio web app and import the file from within the app. You are receiving that error message because your computer is attempting to open that file using the desktop software. 

Hope this helps clarify--please let me know if you have any other questions! 

I am in Visio and I don't see the function 

I downloaded the documents from Lucid and selected upload for Visio. This is what happens when I try to open it. Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey Camille 

Thank you for the reply! You will need to upload the file to your OneDrive and open it from there. 

Let me know if this works for you!

This is from my One Drive when I downloaded the file and tried to open it

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey Camille

Thank you for the reply and further context! So at this point it's probably best to reach out to Visio Support and let them assist you further as this issue does not seem to be coming from the Lucid side of things. 

Sorry we couldn't be more help--please let me know if you have any other questions! 

Badge +1

Hello There.. !  I have weird behaviour to ask here. 

We have imported our Visio templates in Lucid chart and exported them back as “.vsdx” extensions. We use these visio templates on our web app to show real time data on Visio templates.

Everything was well when we verified this import / export of Lucid to Visio untill 14th June.

Once Visio software was pulled back, our visio exports from Lucid stopped opening in browser with real time data. 

It gives error as Microsoft Visio Viewer not able to complete this operation.

Can someone advise here ? It’s kind of urgent.

Badge

Hi @Sheetal, to help with your concern, can you give me more context on what you mean by “once Visio software was pulled back...”?
Also for my context, are you having an issue with the Lucidchart export, or are you having an issue with the Visio import?

Badge +1

Hi, I have imported my existing Visio into Lucid successfully. I have also exported them back as “.vsdx” templates to be used in one of the web application.

That web application uses Visio template to show some real time data.

When we imported Visio and exported them back as “.vsdx”, we had verified them on our lower region using the web app- everything worked fine to show migrated templates with data.

But now suddenly that is not working, when we try to open the exported templates from Web application in browser it says Microsoft Visio viewer not able to complete this operation.

Badge +1

Please find screenshot here - 

Badge

Thanks for the context, Sheetal.

Just recapping, you are still able to export VSDX files from Lucid, but Microsoft is not accepting them? If so, it sounds like this may be an issue on the Visio web viewer side, not the Lucid side. I would recommend reaching out to Visio support to try to get this issue resolved. 

Let me know if you need anything else!

Badge +1

Ok… do you have any Visio support contacts. 

Badge

We do not have Visio support contacts, but you can contact Microsoft Support and they should be able to help you!

Badge +1

Okay. Thank you.