Solved

Experiencing slowness and performance issues in Lucidchart, seeing errors in Javascript console

• 24 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Lucid charts has been slow, sluggish, throwing errors for a few weeks now.  What happened?  Please fix this. We use this every day across our organization.  I use Google Chrome, nothing changed on my end.  Clearly you are having performance issues on your side.  Also, it definitely started one day when I received a ton of java script errors and other things due to some sort of change you made.   

icon

Best answer by Emma B 25 April 2024, 17:33

View original

Comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Dave Knowlton FP, thanks for reaching out to the community! There are a few specific things worth trying when experiencing slowness:

• Can you try opening your document in a Chrome Incognito browsing session? This often improves performance by clearing your cache and cookies and disabling your extensions.
  • Would you mind connecting to a different network or disconnecting from your VPN (if applicable) to rule out any connection or security issues?
  • Having many page tabs, large canvases on each tab, and a high number of shapes on each canvas all increase the time it takes to load and update when changes are made. If you are working on a very large document, you may consider breaking it into several smaller documents to improve performance.

If the issue persists, please send the following information:

• A screenshot of any error messages or pop ups that appear.
  • Is this occurring with all of your documents or just one?
  • A description of any document or other changes that happened leading up to this slowness.
  • A screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output after reproducing the issue. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (if your computer is a Windows/Linux) OR Cmd+Opt+J (if your computer is a Mac).

Thank you for your help and patience!