Skip to main content

Hi,

How can I have an executive heading a department in my org chart. Note that an executive can head multiple departments. The executive currently has “executive” as its current department.

thanks,

Jack

Hi @JackNguyen 

Seems this is quiet straight forward and if i understand your question correctly the below works well:

• Create an org chart that accurately represents your organization's structure, start by adding all departments and employees.
  • Then, position the executive at a higher level in the chart, symbolizing their senior leadership role. Next, draw reporting lines from each department head to the executive, using dotted lines to distinguish them from solid lines that represent direct reports.
  • This visual representation clearly shows the executive's oversight role, highlighting their responsibility for guiding and directing various departments without being directly involved in day-to-day management

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

You can also give a try with Generate Diagram option with the above writeup and you can also save a good amount of time here.

Each department is depicted on a different page. I would also like to ensure that when there are changes in our employees database, those changes are depicted. Is there a way to force someone as a head of a department?

thanks,

Jack

Hi @JackNguyen 

Thanks for the insight, as this is classified with different entities and i tried to cover them in 3 layers - please take a look and see if that helps:

• Lucid is optimized for a single-page layout, but you can enhance your chart by adding navigation elements like arrows or buttons. These elements can be linked to duplicated sections on the same page, representing individual departments, allowing viewers to easily navigate to specific departments within the chart.
  • Currently, we don't have the ability to directly connect to external employee databases, so data must be imported from a spreadsheet containing employee information. When updates are needed, the data must be re-imported.
  • This is a great suggestion which can be added in to a feature request - While we can't designate someone as a department head natively in Lucid, and in the meantime alternative solutions can be explored

Regards